2008 Grizzly 400 Auto. 4x4
With push-button 4WD, four-wheel engine
braking and more, you'll have plenty of tools to
get the job done.
Grizzly 400 Auto. 4x4 Blue
Grizzly 400 Auto. 4x4 Camo
Grizzly 400 Auto. 4x4 Green
Grizzly 400 Auto. 4x4 Red
- Independent rear suspension for excellent
terrainability and all-day comfort.
- Grizzly 400 Automatic 4x4 has many of the same
great features as big brother Grizzly 450,
including four-wheel independent suspension, in
a lighter package powered by a fuel-efﬁcient
- Fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the
most advanced drive system in ATV-ing. An
automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant
belt tension for reduced belt wear and
front-/rear-wheel downhill engine braking.
- On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch
between 2WD and 4WD with the simple push of a
- 10.8 inches of ground clearance and high-impact
plastic skid plate improve maneuverability and
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel
suspension features double-wishbone suspension
front and rear with ﬁve-way preload-adjustable
shocks for maximum control and comfort over
- 401cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single
is the best-performing engine in its class.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and
high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver incredible
throttle response and engine performance at all
- Pushbutton electric starting backed up by
auxiliary recoil starter.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design
provides superior power characteristics, exhaust
sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted F/N/R shift lever.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree
cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and
lower seat height for quick, responsive steering
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and
rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Fully sealed drive case keeps out water and
debris to minimize belt slippage.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent
prevents overheating and keeps water and mud
from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Lightweight CAD-designed chassis features
outstanding durability with superior rigidity
for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning
radius combine for increased comfort and
incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Low seat height creates enhanced handling.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features
a double-wishbone suspension front and rear
delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel,
respectively, with five-way preload-adjustable
shocks to ensure maximum tire contact—and
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc
brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a
variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for
greater durability and more efficient power
transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV
joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers
and won’t dent or rust.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable
wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo
capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Standard, center-mounted trailer hitch can hook
up over 1,100 pounds of payload.
- Available in four colors, including Realtree® AP
High Definition™ Camouflage for true hunting
- Recessed, water-resistant, automotive-type DC
power outlet handles wide range of accessories.
Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
- Speedometer with tripmeter adds greater
versatility and allows rider to keep track of
engine maintenance intervals.
- Plush, specially designed seat widely contoured
for incomparable rider comfort.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s
feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra
grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards
offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides
reliable, cold-weather starting power.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical
components ensure maximum protection from the
- Dual, bright multi-reflector 30-watt halogen
bulb headlights with high and low beams.
Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Type 401cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;
- Bore x Stroke 84.5mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio 10.5:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with
front-/rear-wheel engine braking/F, N, R
- Engine Braking Front & rear wheel
- Drive Train Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 2WD,
4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 6.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes/Rear Hydraulic disc
- Tires/Front AT25x8-12
- Tires/Rear AT25x10-12
- Length 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in
- Seat Height 32.7 in
- Wheelbase 48.5 in
- Turning Radius 118 in
- Ground Clearance 10.8 in
- Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal
- Dry Weight 578 lb
- Rack Capacity 88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity 1,102 lb.
- Instrumentation Speedometer, odometer & fuel
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 21/5W brakelight
MSRP* $5,799 (Steel Blue) Available from
$5,799 (Hunter Green) Available from September
$5,799 (Red) Available from September 2007
$6,149 (Realtree® AP HD™ Camouflage) Available
from August 2007