2008 Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 IRS Special Edition
All black with cast aluminum wheels, water
dipped body panels, ITP Mud Lite tires and
Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 IRS Special
- All black with cast aluminum wheels, water
dipped body panels, ITP Mud Lite tires and
special graphics, set this Special-Edition
Grizzly 450 apart from the rest.
- Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 has the same great
features as big brothers Grizzly 660/700,
including four-wheel independent suspension, and
it's powered by a fuel efficient liquid-cooled
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic®
transmission is the most advanced drive system
in ATV-ing. An automatic centrifugal clutch
maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt
wear and class-exclusive all-wheel downhill
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command®
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and class-exclusive fully
locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push
of a button. Override button allows engine to
make maximum rpm in full Diff Lock mode.
- Class-exclusive fully independent long-travel
four-wheel suspension features double-wishbone
suspension front and rear with ﬁ ve-way
preload-adjustable shocks for maximum control
and comfort over rough terrain.
- 10.8 inches of ground clearance and high-impact
plastic skid plate improve maneuverability and
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a
multifunction LCD display with speedometer,
odometer, dual tripmeters, hourmeter, 4WD
status, transmission position and clock.
New for 2008:
- A multi-disc system running in hydraulic
fluid, the sealed rear wet brake combines
strong, consistent stopping power with greatly
reduced maintenance requirements.
- New 2-inch receiver hitch for outstanding towing
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single
is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and
high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic
throttle response and engine performance at all
- Pushbutton electric starting backed up by
auxiliary recoil starter.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design
provides superior power characteristics, exhaust
sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree
cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and
lower seat height for quick, responsive steering
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and
rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Fully sealed drive case keeps out water and
debris to minimize belt slippage.
- Hand-operated side cover drain keeps belt dry
and free from mud and debris.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent
prevents overheating and keeps water and mud
from entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding
durability with superior rigidity for
class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning
radius combine for increased comfort and
incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features
a double-wishbone suspension front and rear
delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel,
respectively, with five-way preload-adjustable
shocks to ensure maximum tire contact—and
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc
brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a
variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for
greater durability and more efficient power
transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV
joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers
and won’t dent or rust.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable
wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo
capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Available in four colors, including Realtree® AP
High Definition™ Camouflage for true hunting
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a
built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Recessed, water-resistant, automotive-type DC
power outlet handles wide range of accessories.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat
storage box provides added convenience.
- Plush, specially designed seat is wide and
contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s
feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra
grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards
offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical
components ensure maximum protection from the
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb
headlights with high and low beams; rear brake
Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Type 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;
- Bore x Stroke 84.5mm x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio 10.0:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with
all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Engine Braking All wheel
- Drive Train Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way
locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD;
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 6.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes/Rear Sealed wet brake
- Tires/Front AT25x8-12
- Tires/Rear AT25x10-12
- Length 78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in
- Seat Height 32.7 in
- Wheelbase 48.5 in
- Turning Radius 118 in
- Ground Clearance 10.8 in
- Fuel Capacity 4.0 gal
- Dry Weight 593 lb
- Rack Capacity 88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity 1,102 lb w/2 in receiver hitch
- Instrumentation Digital LCD multifunction
display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hourmeter, clock, gear pos
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP* $6,899 (Midnight Armor) Available from