2008 Grizzly 660 Auto. 4x4
Proven tough, the Grizzly 660 offers awesome
big-bore utility ATV performance.
Grizzly 660 Auto. 4x4 Blue
Grizzly 660 Auto. 4x4 Camo
Grizzly 660 Auto. 4x4 Green
Grizzly 660 Auto. 4x4 Red
- Highly evolved, 660cc liquid-cooled,
four-stroke ﬁve-valve engine and light weight
add up to one of the best power-to-weight ratios
of any utility model in the industry.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic®
transmission is the most advanced drive system
in ATV-ing. An automatic centrifugal clutch
maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt
wear, unmatched durability and conﬁdent
all-wheel downhill engine braking.
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command®
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential
4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel
suspension with ﬁve-way preload-adjustable
shocks and 11.8 inches of ground clearance
provides maximum control and comfort over rough
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a
multifunction LCD display with speedometer,
odometer, dual tripmeters, hourmeter, 4WD
status, transmission position, clock and fuel
- All-wheel independent suspension, a thick, cushy
seat and light handling make for a supremely
- Lightweight yet super-strong CAD-designed steel
frame results in the lightest weight in the
class—600 pounds—which results in outstanding
handling and performance.
- Yamaha’s patented five-valve cylinder design
produces a potent combination of low-rev torque,
right-now throttle response and high horsepower.
- 42mm Mikuni BSR carburetor and high-output
DC-CDI ignition system ensure incredible
throttle response and engine performance.
- Pushbutton electric starting with auxiliary
recoil starter and auto decompression cam for
“easy-pull” backup starter convenience.
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps into
massive pulling power in low and superior
performance in high.
- Specially designed full stainless steel exhaust
system features aluminum heat shields and a
screen-type spark arrestor for great power with
minimum noise output.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum
rpm in full Diff Lock mode.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree
cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and
lower seat height—for quick steering and
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and
rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist
delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is
positioned high in the frame for optimal
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features a
gear case and electronic servo-activated
2WD/4WD/Diff Lock via the On-Command® system.
- Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint
for greater durability and more efficient power
transfer at all rpm.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to
help prevent belt from slipping.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front
disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear
disc system ensure outstanding stopping power in
a variety of conditions.
- Light, responsive steering and a class-leading
turning radius combine for increased comfort and
incredible maneuverability — even in 4WD.
- 7.1 inches front suspension travel and 9.5
inches out back, controlled by five-way preload
adjustable shocks, provide a controlled,
comfortable ride whatever the load or trail
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length
composite skid plate deliver maximum underbelly
protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 34.6-inch seat height creates a low center of
gravity for improved handling and
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear tires on,
lightweight aluminum wheels further boost ground
clearance while reducing unsprung weight for
lighter, more responsive steering.
- Heavy-duty front carry bar and CV joint guards
protect against rock and debris damage.
- Rugged steel cargo racks with special,
extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a
total of 286 pounds combined (99 front, 187
- Center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes
standard and can tow over 1200 pounds.
- Handy, 12-liter underseat storage box.
- Large, 5.3-gallon fuel tank features an
electronic, bar-type gauge and easy-access
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards feature
serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet
- Large, specially designed seat is extra plush
and widely contoured for all-day rider comfort.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb
headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly
sleek cat-eye design; 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake
- Convenient, water-resistant 12-volt DC power
outlet handles a wide range of accessories.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides
extra starting power, even in cold weather.
- Underseat marine-spec electrical components
ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Type 660cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;
SOHC, 5 valves
- Bore x Stroke 100.0mm x 84.0mm
- Compression Ratio 9.1:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 42mm BSR
- Ignition DC – CDI
- Starting System Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with
all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
- Engine Braking All Wheel
- Drive Train Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way
locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD;
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Independent double wishbone;
5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes/Rear Hydraulic disc, 4-piston caliper;
- Tires/Front AT25 x 8-12 w/aluminum wheels
- Tires/Rear AT25 x 10-12 w/aluminum wheels
- L x W x H 82.1 x 45.3 x 47.6 in
- Seat Height 34.6 in
- Wheelbase 50.2 in
- Turning Radius 126 in
- Ground Clearance 11.8 in
- Fuel Capacity 5.3 gal
- Dry Weight 600 lb
- Rack Capacity 99 lb Fr./187 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity 1,212 Lb.
- Instrumentation Digital LCD multifunction
display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hourmeter, clock, fuel gauge, gear position
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP* $7,199 (Steel Blue) Available from June
$7,199 (Hunter Green) Available from June 2007
$7,199 (Red) Available from June 2007
$7,549 (Realtree® AP HD™ Camouflage) Available
from July 2007