2008 Grizzly 80
The perfect choice for your cubs 12 years and
up, with adult supervision.
Grizzly 80 Blue
Grizzly 80 Camo
Grizzly 80 Green
- Designed for kids 12 years or older under
adult supervision, the Grizzly 80 comes complete
with big Grizzly-style, four-stroke power and
performance and legendary Yamaha quality.
- Class-exclusive shaft drive is virtually
maintenance-free and superior to the chain drive
found on some competitive models (includes
- Easy, pushbutton start in any gear makes it a
snap to get going.
- Wide, cushy seat and easy-to-reach handlebars
ensure superb, all-day comfort and minimize
- Steel rear cargo rack carries plenty of gear and
matches tough grab bar up front.
- Rugged, wide fenders with integrated floorboards
provide outstanding splash protection and a dry,
- Tough, 79cc air-cooled SOHC single puts out
smooth, reliable four-stroke power — perfect for
riders starting to hone their ATV skills.
- Air intake restrictor plate can be removed for
increased power as rider’s skill level
- Adjustable throttle limiter allows the adult
supervisor to match the engine’s power output to
the rider’s skill level.
- Three-speed transmission with automatic clutch
makes shifting a cinch, and lets entry-level
riders focus on the trail.
- Rugged muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
for quiet operation.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner helps reduce need
for engine maintenance and extends engine life.
- Class-longest wheelbase at 40.6 inches, means
roomier ergonomics which accommodates a wide
range of rider sizes.
- Fully sealed front and rear drum brakes keep out
water and debris providing strong, reliable
- Leading-arm front suspension with 2.3 inches of
travel smoothes out the trail for a plush,
confidence-inspiring ride and more responsive
- Swingarm rear and single shock provide 2.2
inches of rear wheel travel for smooth,
- Low, 26.2-inch seat height for quick, balanced
steering and great rider comfort and confidence.
3.9 inches of ground clearance.
- Beefy 18x7-7 front and 18x8-7 rear knobby tires
offer excellent traction and help boost ground
- Big Grizzly-style bodywork means Grizzly 80’s
looks are as tough as the rest of the package.
- YZ-style grips add extra comfort and a sporty
- Large, class-leading fuel capacity — 1.8 gallons
— increases range, which means fewer fill-ups
and more fun out on the trail.
- Handlebar-mounted parking brake.
- Type 79cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled single; SOHC
- Bore x Stroke 47.0mm x 45.6mm
- Compression Ratio 9.6:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 16mm
- Ignition CDI
- Starting System Electric
- Transmission 3-Speed; automatic clutch
- Engine Braking Rear wheel
- Drive Train 2WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front Leading arm, 2.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Swingarm, 2.2-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual sealed drum
- Brakes/Rear Sealed drum
- Tires/Front AT18x7-7
- Tires/Rear AT18x8-7
- L x W x H 61.0 x 33.7 x 36.6 in
- Seat Height 26.2 in
- Wheelbase 40.6 in
- Turning Radius 94
- Ground Clearance 3.9 in
- Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
- Dry Weight 260 lb
- Rack Capacity N/A Front/11 lb Rear
- Lighting None
- Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP* $2,599 (Hunter Green) Available from
$2,599 (Steel Blue) Available from August 2007
$2,849 (Real Tree AP Camo) Available from August