2008 Raptor 80
Highest quality youth ATV in the industry
provides great features for learning.
Raptor 80 Blue
- 79cc of reliable, electric-start four-stroke fun
fed into a three-speed gearbox with automatic
clutch, making the Raptor 80 a great choice for
those getting started or moving up.
- Class-exclusive shaft drive is virtually
maintenance-free; no messing with chain
adjustment and lubrication.
- Low 25.6-inch seat height for quick, balanced
steering and optimal rider comfort.
- Large, class-leading fuel capacity—1.8
gallons—increases range, which means less
fill-ups and more fun out on the trail.
- Feisty 79cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single
puts out smooth, reliable power perfectly tuned
to the rider starting to hone his or her ATV
- Adjustable throttle limiter allows a parent or
adult supervisor to match the engine’s power
output to the rider’s skill level, and an intake
restrictor plate can be removed as skill
- Three-speed transmission with automatic clutch
ensures smooth shifting and lets the entry-level
rider focus on the trail by eliminating a
- Rugged muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor
for quiet operation.
- Leading-arm front suspension with 2.3 inches of
travel smooths out the trail for a comfortable,
- Rear swingarm and a single rear shock with 2.2
inches of travel further enhance ride comfort
- Class-longest wheelbase at 40.6 inches helps
accommodate kids 12 and older; roomy ergonomics
mean they won’t outgrow this one too quick.
- 4.0 inches of ground clearance clears all sorts
- Fully sealed front and rear drum brakes keep out
water and debris, providing strong, reliable
- Beefy 18x7-7 front and 18x8-7 rear knobby tires
offer excellent traction and help boost ground
- Raptor 700R-style bodywork turns this
entry-level machine into one wicked-looking
- Wide, cushy seat and full-size handlebars
provide excellent all-day comfort and minimize
- Rugged, wide fenders with class-exclusive rear
mud flaps deliver outstanding mud and splash
protection to ensure a dry, comfortable ride.
- Handlebar-mounted parking brake.
- Type 79cc air-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke 47.0mm x 45.6mm
- Compression Ratio 9.6:1
- Carburetion Mikuni 16mm
- Ignition CDI
- Starting System Electric
- Transmission 3-Speed automatic clutch
- Drive Train 2WD; Shaft
- Suspension/Front Leading arm; 2.3-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Swingarm; 2.2-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual sealed drum
- Brakes/Rear Sealed drum
- Tires/Front AT18 x 7-7
- Tires/Rear AT18 x 8-7
- L x W x H 59.8 x 32.5 x 37.8 in
- Seat Height 25.6 in
- Wheelbase 40.6 in
- Ground Clearance 4.0 in
- Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
- Dry Weight 242 lb
- Lighting N/A
- Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP* $2,599 (Team Yamaha Blue/White)
Available from September 2007
$2,599 (Gray/Red) Available from September 2007