Rhino 450 Special Edition
Rhino 450 Special Edition Blue
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Steel Blue Special Edition rolls out with
aluminum wheels, injection-molded sun top,
silver seats, a sport steering wheel, digital
speedometer with integrated fuel level gauge and
special graphics treatment. This groundbreaking off-road recreational
side-by-side is like nothing else on the
new way to get way out there in style and
with a friend and your gear.
- Comfortable interior with automotive-type
Steering wheel, left-side foot brake
foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted console
shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start
switch, indicator lights and 12-volt accessory
render the Rhino 450 totally user-friendly.
- 421cc liquid-/oil-cooled, four-stroke engine and
light weight add up to great all-around
excellent terrainability and great fuel efficiency.
- Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic®
transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and
reverse is the most advanced drive system
Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear,
gives instant throttle response and provides
industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill
- Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command®
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential
4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension:
front and rear deliver 7.3 inches of wheel
travel, and fi ve-way preload-adjustable shocks
provide maximum tire contact and comfort while
navigating rough terrain.
- Thick bucket seats and that great long-travel
suspension system work together to provide the
smoothest ride in the industry.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
NEW FOR 2008:
- Tough, rotomolded doors keep mud, water and
dirt on the trail
where they belong.
- Comfortable new passenger grab handles.
- Super-reliable overhead-cam 421cc
produces abundant low-rev torque, fat midrange
- Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse taps
into more pulling
power in low and more performance in high than
any machine in
- Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift
- 33mm Mikuni BSR carburetor and high-output
serve up great throttle response and excellent
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris,
hand-operated side cover drain lets out what
little gets in.
- Specially designed full stainless-steel
exhaust system features
aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark
superb power characteristics with minimum noise
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil
cooler with fan-assist
delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is
positioned high in the
frame for optimal protection.
- Specially designed drive system air intake
overheating and keeps water and mud from
entering drive case.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
- CAD-designed steel frame is lightweight and
outstanding durability with superior rigidity
for superb handling.
- Light, responsive rack-and-pinion steering
features a fully
sealed steering column and double U-jointed
steering linkage for
smooth operation and class-leading turning
radius—even in 4WD.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc
shaft-mounted hydraulic rear disc provide
power in a variety of conditions.
- 12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum
protection while enhancing terrainability.
- Low-maintenance front shaft drive features
gear case and
electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff lock via
On-Command system. Direct rear shaft drive
U-joint for greater durability and more
efficient power transfer
at all rpm.
- Heavy-duty CV joint guards protect against
- Stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400
pounds of gear.
Center-mounted 2-inch receiver trailer hitch
comes standard and
can tow over 1,200 pounds.
- Large, specially designed seats are extra
plush and supportive
for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
- Operator and passenger seat belts.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton bulb
high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye
5-watt/21-watt tail/brake lights.
- Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank features a fuel
- Large style headrests for good looks and
- Tough wrinkle-finish coating on the upper
- Maintenance-free battery provides power, even
in cold weather.
- Built in Newnan, GA, USA.
- Digital instrument panel boasts multifunction
LCD display with
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, hour
meter, 4WD status,
transmission position, clock and integrated fuel
- Soft tops, hard tops, windshields, lighting,
winches, plows, etc.
Please refer to the Yamaha Rhino Accessories &
or go to yamaha-outdoors.com.
*Includes side-by-side 4x4 models under 450cc.
- Type: 421cc liquid-cooled w/fan,
4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 75mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC – CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt
with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command®
pushbutton;3-way locking differential;
2WD,4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension/Front: Independent double
wishbone;5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in
- Suspension/Rear: Independent double
wishbone;5-way preload adjustment, 7.3-in
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, twin
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc,
self-adjusting, shaft mounted
- Tires/Front: AT25x8-12 NHS
- Tires/Rear: AT25x10-12 NHS
- L x W x H: 113.6” x 54.5” x 73.0”
- Wheelbase: 75.2 in
- Turning Radius: 153.5 in
- Ground Clearance: 12.1 in
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 gal
- Dry Weight: 1031 lb
- Bed Capacity: 400 lb
- Towing Capacity: 1212 lb
- Instrumentation: Digital LCD
Multi-function display; speedo, odo, dual
trip, hour, clock, fuel, and gear position
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton
multireflector headlights & dual 21/5W brake
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory