2008 YFZ450 SE
The YFZ450 sports a GYTR™ front grab bar and
heel guards plus orange/black paint with special
YFZ450 SE Orange/Black
YFZ450 SE White
- The YFZ450 Special Edition is so hot, it
comes with a GYTR™ front grab bar and heel
guards plus orange/black paint with special
- The lightest, most powerful ATV ever, winner of
just about every magazine shootout, 2004/2006
GNCC and Quadcross Championships, 2005/2006
World Four-Stroke Champion and ATV Illustrated's
2007 Sport ATV of the Year (a tie with our own
- Most powerful, industry-exclusive
five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry
weight give the YFZ450 the best power-to-weight
ratio of any ATV ever produced.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel
frame with fully adjustable suspension means
YFZ450 is also the best-handling race-bred ATV
- The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton
electric starting, a convenient flip-type
parking brake and suspension calibrated for
- 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with
five titanium valves features 95mm bore and
63.4mm stroke for massive power with high
over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle
- Large-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in
the frame to guard against damage.
- Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any gear
adds extra convenience.
- High performance 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide
carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
delivers ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and crisp
- Additional weight-saving engine features
include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right
side crankcase cover; small-design cam chain
tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil hose; and
light CDI ignition unit.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features
oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no tool
adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank
directly in front of the engine for excellent
cooling and optimal protection from rocks or
- DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise spark
and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine
response during hard acceleration.
- High-performance stainless steel exhaust header
is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed
transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all
that power to the rear tires with maximum
- Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to
the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
- Ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug
cap; extremely light and compact.
- Independent aluminum upper A-arm front
suspension features competition-spec piggyback
shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and adjustable
preload, rebound and high- and low-speed
- New rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type,
controlled by a fully adjustable Showa shock
with 10.6 inches of travel and separate
adjusters for preload, rebound and compression
- Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces
weight and ensures optimal suspension action.
- Front brake master cylinder and lever give
excellent feel and feedback.
- Drilled rear brake disc reduces unsprung weight
and offers excellent feel and feedback.
- A internal oil jet aimed at the piston bottom
keeps things cool and well lubricated.
- Titanium heat shield is super light and strong.
- Long travel out back means an excellent ride and
- Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies
that job, and a twin-piston rear brake caliper
provides strong, controllable rear braking.
- Numerous aluminum components including the
swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank, grab bars and
wheels help keep overall dry weight down to a
paltry 350 pounds.
- Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is light
- Lightweight front and rear master cylinders,
combined with twin 161mm front discs with
twin-piston calipers and single 200mm rear disc,
deliver incredible stopping power with
progressive control and feel.
- High-performance 21x7R-10 front and 20x10R-9
rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically for
the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading
- Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the
quick, balanced steering and optimal rider
- Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide
excellent grip and rider comfort.Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector halogen headlights
set back in the front cowl add the perfect
menacing appearance. LED taillight is tough,
draws less current and has an incorporated brake
light for added convenience.
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted
parking brake can be set with one hand.
- Type 449cc liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke;
DOHC, 5 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke 95.0 x 63.4mm
- Compression Ratio 11.4:1
- Carburetion Keihin 39mm FCR w/throttle position
- Ignition DC-CDI
- Starting System Electric
- Transmission 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Drive Train 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric
- Suspension/Front Independent double wishbone,
w/piggy back High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound
and threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound,High-/Lo-speed
compression and threaded preload, 10.6-in travel
- Brakes/Front Dual ventilated hydraulic disc,
- Brakes/Rear Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin
- Tires/Front AT21x7-10 radial
- Tires/Rear AT20x10-9 radial
- L x W x H 72.4 x 46.1 x 42.9 in
- Seat Height 31.9 in
- Wheelbase 50.4 in
- Ground Clearance 4.5 in
- Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal
- Dry Weight 350 lb
- Lighting Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector
headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight
- Warranty 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP* $7,649 (Midnight Blue/White) Available
from January 2008
$7,649 (Black/Orange) Available from July 2007